Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Elysian Travel.
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with our consultants (in-store, over phone or email).
We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
A. Booking & Payment
- The client must contact Elysian Travel to request a quotation for Services from Elysian
- Elysian Travel may provide a quotation in respect of Services (Quotation). Unless otherwise indicated by Elysian travel, Quotations are valid for a period of 7 days.
- The client must provide any and all information and documentation as requested by Elysian Travel for example, passport details.
- The customer must pay a deposit to Elysian Travel at the time of requesting a Booking as a prerequisite to Elysian Travel confirming the Booking. The amount of the deposit will include the Service Fee in addition to any other fees, charges or costs levied by Suppliers. (This will be advised in the Quotation) In certain case, the client may be required to pay the Booking Fee in full to Elysian Travel at the time of requesting the Booking as a prerequisite to Elysian Travel confirming the Booking. (This will be advised in the Quotation).
- The nature of the Services and the travel arrangements and products provided by Suppliers means Elysian Travel may not be in the position to confirm all requested travel arrangements and/or products at the time of booking. Obtaining confirmation of all travel arrangements and/or products may take up to 2 weeks or more.
- The client must pay any remaining balance of the Booking Fee, including any change in
accordance with Clause C, to Elysian Travel by the date specified in the Quotation.
- If any payments are not received when required, Elysian Travel may treat a Booking as
cancelled and subject to the applicable cancellation fees outlined in Clause C.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer, bank cheque, debit card or credit card. Credit Card surcharges apply. Credit surcharges of 1.45% for Visa and MasterCard, 3.2% for American Express.
All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you. Please note that prices quoted are subject to change. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please contact your consultant for up-to-date prices.
C. Amendments and cancellations Fees by the client
The client must notify Elysian Travel in writing if they wish to request any amendments to a Booking once it has been confirmed unless it is in the emergency case.
Subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Australian Consumer Law, the following change and cancellation fees apply to all bookings:
- Changes to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $40 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $75 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Changes to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $60 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $150 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
D. Amendments and cancellation by Elysian Travel
- Services may be amended or cancelled at any time due to Force Majeure or government travel advice. If services are cancelled, Elysian Travel will reschedule the Services for an alternate date mutually agreed upon by Elysian Travel and the client, or refund the Booking Fee to the client, less any unrecoverable amounts and any costs incurred by Elysian Travel including Service Fees. Elysian Travel is not liable to pay the client any other compensation or to meet any other fees charges, costs or expenses that client has already incurred or incurs as a result of such cancellation.
- The client’s itinerary may be amended at any time without notice due to local circumstances or events outside Elysian Travels’ control such as but not limited to adverse weather, mechanical breakdowns, poor road conditions or a change Suppliers schedules. Elysian Travel is not liable to pay the client nay compensation or to meet any fees, charges, costs or expenses that the client has already incurred or incurs as a result of such amendment.
- Elysian Travel will notify the client of any amendment or cancellation at the earliest
opportunity by phone, email or post.
E. Elysian Travel Obligations & Liability
- Elysian Travel acts as a booking agent for Suppliers. Elysian Travel is not responsible for any acts, omission or representation of Suppliers. All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of, and the laws and regulations applicable to, Suppliers and these may limit or exclude liability to the client and may be subject to provisions of international conventions.
- Elysian Travel is not responsible for any claim, injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, delay, inconvenience, stress, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of Suppliers;
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the Client or any travel companion(s);
- The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party (including any private or government organisation, or one of its officers, employees or agents); or
- Force Majeure as defined in Clause A.
- To the full extent permitted by law, Elysian Travel excludes any and all responsibility or liability in contract, tort or otherwise, and any warranty, guarantee or other right otherwise provided for or implied by law, for any claim, consequential, economic or other loss, damage (including punitive damage), cost, expense, injury, death, delay, inconvenience or loss of enjoyment suffered by the client or any third party, directly or indirectly, in connection with services.
F. Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Travel insurance is also strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel. Your insurance protection should include cover for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. Evidence of such insurances should be produced to Elysian Travel on request. Insurance cover offered by credit card companies or reciprocal medical cover agreements are often not comprehensive. Elysian Travel can provide information to you about travel insurance. You must read the Combined Financial Services Guide/Product Disclosure Statement before you decide to buy the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing to ensure it meets your needs and financial situation.
G. Passport, visas & health requirements
- The client must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity from the return date and must have obtained any and all appropriate visas and permits for the countries the client is visiting before their date of departure, Passport, visa, permit and other entry requirements (including health requirements) and costs are the sole responsibility of the client.
- The client must obtain any vaccinations or other health precautions and any health advise relevant to the countries the client is visit and the client’s personal circumstances.
H. Governing Law
- This Contract is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of
- Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, Australia in regard any claim or matter arising under the Contract.
services to you or in which their business is based. We may also disclose your personal information to our overseas related entities and to service providers who perform services for us within and outside of Australia. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these persons in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf. Where we disclose your personal information to any person (including any overseas recipients), you agree that we will not be required to ensure that person’s compliance with Australian privacy laws or otherwise be accountable for how they handle your personal information. When used above, “disclose” includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible to another person or entity.
J. Gift Vouchers
Gift Vouchers with Elysian Travel are an exciting present or incentive that will provide a friend, relative, colleague or business associate with a truly exceptional travel experience. You can chosen to select a $ amount, or pay for a specific travel experience. Of course, there are terms that are associated with the vouchers and we have aligned ourselves with major travel providers to provide the most straightforward terms possible: Please treat our vouchers like cash. Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen vouchers may, at the discretion of Elysian Travel, be replaced or redeemed upon the payment of a replacement fee (as determined by Elysian Travel). The value of our vouchers is in Australian Dollars(AUD), or can be based on a specific travel product as shown on the voucher
which Elysian Travel will book on your behalf (as identified on the voucher). Elysian Travel Gift Vouchers:
- Are not redeemable for cash, traveller’s cheques or foreign currency.
- Must be redeemed before the expiry date shown on the certificates
- Will be void and may not be redeemed after the expiry date
- Cannot be increased after issue
- Is partially redeemable in that it can be used on more than one occasion
- Recipient names may be changed when you redeem the certificate
- Are valid for 24months from the date of issue. It is up to the holder of the certificate
to use the full value before the expiry date
Elysian Travel is not obliged to accept the use of a voucher on a sale of under AUD20. Cash will not be given for any unused balance. An unused balance on expiry of this voucher will not be refunded or credited. If you purchase exceeds the available voucher balance, you must make up the difference with another payment method. You are liable for all transactions on your voucher. Please check the available voucher balance by calling Elysian Travel on 1300 615 880. We reserve the right to change any terms contained in these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time.