Elysian Travel books many tailored trips to Italy, which got us wondering about why it is a ‘must go’ location.
Italy is not only a home to world famous pasta and pizza, but also houses decades-old medieval art and architecture that still amazes travellers today. This stylish and quaint country provides insight on what it felt like to live in the times of knights, monarchs, and wars that shaped what Italy has become today.
Florence, the beautiful gem in the heart of Tuscany, is an absolute ‘must go’ whenever you are in Italy. Perfect for the romantic at heart, Florence has it all – beautifully maintained medieval churches and an excellent selection of wine and cuisine to satisfy your gastronomic cravings.
To explore the winding roads and historical pathways in this amazing city here are some hot tips given by our Elysian travellers.
Ideal months. If you like the warmth and humidity, pack your bags and travel to Florence in July and August for a summertime getaway. The spring and fall that usually occurs in April to June and September to October, means you can still wear your shorts and flip flops while walking in the city since it is comfortably warm. From November to February, the crowds thin out so you can enjoy the city without the hustle and bustle of tourists – but pack an umbrella just in case.
What to expect. Places like the Accademia and the Uffizi need thorough preparation as they do get crowded, and it can be difficult to get tickets without a lot of difficulty. Let us know how to assist or get in early and book online. Ideally, the best option for those cultural thrill seekers is to purchase the Firenze Card – an all-access card that gives you entry to most museums for around 85.00 Euros.
What to do. Like you may have imagined, Florence is a romantic city that lets you indulge in delicious food and beautiful warm weather conditions to complement that midday stroll. These activities are perfect for your Italian stay:
- Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence – Breathe in the scenery Cinque Terre has to offer by walking on calming coastal routes. Enjoy a cruise by sunset on the Italian Riviera and watch these UNESCO-listed fishing villages of the medieval era.
- Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour – This lets you see everything you need to see: all the highlights from the Leaning Tower of Pisa to the San Gimignano – a 13th century town with frescoes and churches still intact.
- Taste of Chianti: Tuscan Cheese, Wine and Lunch from Florence – Live your fantasies and enjoy a tasty selection of aged cheese and wines that are made on the very land you step on. Taste test the best wines from hand-picked grapes – are you ready to become a sommelier?
- Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day Trip from Florence Including Lunch – Get your camera ready to capture photos of sensational culture, historic monuments and food. You can enter the Siena Cathedral and be amazed by its gothic forms.
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train – Experience the advancement of technology amidst the beautiful scenery of ancient buildings and gorgeous citadels from the past. Follow the footsteps of scholars and knights in the ultimate Florence experience. Enjoy authentic Italian food in traditional Florentine restaurants to immortalise your trip through all your senses.
If culinary and cultural delights are at the top of your travel criteria when deciding on your next trip, you can’t go past Florence as the ideal destination. Buon Viaggio!